If you have finally decided to wear a bolder look, or, perhaps have just thought of the easiest way to treat fair fall, then going bald is the next thing to do. Thanks to so many Hollywood actors like Vin Diesel, Jason Statham, Bruce Willis, Luke Gauss, and many more, who made the hairless look phenomenal. And if you are thinking of the best way to shave your head, then this post is what you may just be searching for.
If you see your hair thinning fast, it will be an easier option to just go hairless. Once you are over with it, there will be no more primping and bad hair days. It will even make you feel a lot more comfortable and look even more confident. And the fact that you will be using less hair products, will there be more reasons for you not to go bald?
Shaving Your Bald Head
Once you have a razor ran through your head and have all of your hair taken off your head, it does not mean that you won’t ever need to use a razor or a blade to shave your head clean. Unless of course all of your hair follicles are already dead. You will probably need to touch up every couple of days, unless of course you would like to grow your hair back a little.
Best Way To Shave Your Head
If this will be your first time to shave your head bald, then you will need to know what razor will work best for you.
First there are the electric clippers (trimmer) and shavers. If you want a close shave, you will need to be familiar with the tool that you will use. There are so many options that you can choose from. With an electric clipper, you just set the clipper to the shortest possible setting before running the clipper or shaver on your head.
A trimmer is used to cut already existing hair growth, not with hope of getting rid of everything, but just to trim it the way that you would want it to be trimmed. They can also be used to shape facial hair, underarm hair, chest hair, and even pubic hair.
Aside from the electric types, you can also opt to use traditional razors. You have probably used one of these razors to shave your stubbles. One with a flexible head will give you a slick finish. Just be sure that you made ample preparation of the canvass before running the razor around the contour of your head.
You will also need a shaving cream as this greatly boost the performance of your shaver or razor. Once done, you will need to apply a sunblock lotion or a preshave oil. Doing so will not only make your head smelling great, it will also moisturize your skin while blocking off harmful rays of the sun.
How Do You Shave Your Head?
- Buzz your hair down to a workable length. This will make the job a lot easier. Your razor will run smoothly and will eliminate the probability of leaving razor nicks on your head.
- Soften the canvass with a hot or warm water. Running some hot water on your head will help open the pores on your skin, relax the hair, and also makes it easier for the razor to run through your stubbles without friction or burning your skin.
- Exfoliate. This will help remove dead skin and also prevent clogged pores as well as ingrown hairs.
- Slather pre-shave oil on your head. A good amount of pre-shave oil on a new canvass will help the razor run smoothly over your skin and prevent the razor from leaving any cut on your head.
- Apply your chosen shave cream or gel before finally gliding the razor or shaver on your head. Go slowly and surely to get a good shave that you will be happy to about. It is important that you go with the grain of your hair as you shave as this will prevent ingrown hairs. It is advisable to start with the hair on the top of your head, then the sides, before sliding down the back of your scalp.
- When done, rinse off with cold water. This will close the pores of your skin, making it firmer and prevent any blockage.
- Apply an aftershave lotion or a sunblock. This will moisturize your skin and block the harmful rays of the sun. Make sure that you will treat nicks and cuts, however, before you do so with a styptic pen or alum block. Doing any of these spot dry methods will disinfect the cut and stop bleeding.